[KS] new file

Young-Key Kim-Renaud kimrenau at gwu.edu
Fri Jul 29 17:35:41 EDT 2011

Hello Professor Grayson,

Who are "CCK (Ch'oe. Chong, Kim)", "three great Korean phoneticians who
created it [MR]"? Under what circumstances did they create it and how did it
end up being called "MR" ?

Thanks for your clarification!

Cheers!
Young-Key

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 8:22 AM, James Grayson
<j.h.grayson at sheffield.ac.uk>wrote:

> 29.7.11
>
> Dear Prof. Lee,
> Attached please find an electronic version of your questionnaire on
> surnames.  I should state that I am a strong supporter of MR because for
> general purposes it comes closest  to Korean pronunciation.  I would also
> add that I think that MR should be called CCK (Ch'oe. Chong, Kim) after the
> three great Korean phoneticians who created it.
>
> Yours sincerely,
> James H. Grayson
> --
> Emeritus Professor James H. Grayson
> School of East Asian Studies
> The University of Sheffield
> 6/8 Shearwood Road
> Sheffield S10 2TD
>
> (tel) +44 114 222-8418
> (fax) +44 114 222-8432
> (email) j.h.grayson at sheffield.ac.uk
>
>  --
Young-Key Kim-Renaud, Ph.D.
Chair, Department of East Asian Languages and Literatures
Professor of Korean Language and Culture and International Affairs
The George Washington University
801 22nd Street, N.W. (Academic Center, Rome Hall 452)
Washington, DC 20052
kimrenau at gwu.edu <kimrenau at email.gwu.edu>
http://home.gwu.edu/~kimrenau
http://myprofile.cos.com/kimreny76