[KS] help with flooded books

Hyung Pai hyungpai at eastasian.ucsb.edu
Sat Jul 30 11:19:26 EDT 2011

Dear Ms Smiatacz,
You have my sympathies. The best place to ask depending where you are
is go to any University Museum or even the National Museum of Korea
has a public library where they have lots of experience and curators
who can advice you.
Koreans are notorious for not answering email so it is best to go ask.
I recommend going to the SNU Museum library which is small but there
are always graduate students there who can direct you to someone
upstairs.
On Jul 29, 2011, at 8:27 PM, Agnieszka Smiatacz wrote:

> Dear list members
> l would like to ask if some of you know a library in Seoul which has
> a device to remove moisture from books. Due to the recent deluge l
> have lost a bunch of materials l have been using for my
> dissertation,therefore l want to save the rest from rotting
> completely.
> Any piece of advice will be most welcome.
> Wishing you a sunny and possibly dry summer,
> Agnieszka Smiatacz

Hyung Il Pai
Associate Professor
East Asian Languages and Cultural Studies Department, University of
California, Santa Barbara, HSSB Building
Santa Barbara, CA 93106
Fax: 805) 893-3011, Messages: 805-893-4549
Email: hyungpai at eastasian.ucsb.edu
Dept.profile:http://www.eastasian.ucsb.edu/content/people_pai.html