[KS] Regarding Papers on a LL/public spaces in Korea

Catherine Grell catgrell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 11:09:07 EST 2011

Hello,

I am currently trying to gather resources for a research paper. I wish to
write about the role of public spaces (the linguistic landscape) in Korean
society/culture either inside of Korea or in Korean-domiated areas outside
of the country. I have been able to locate three sources: one written by
Peter Backhaus in his book "Linguistic Landscape in Tokyo: A Look into the
Linguistic Landscape," and two articles written by David Malinowski
("Showing Seeing in the Korean Linguistic Landscape" and "Authorship in the
Linguistic Landscape."

I was informed that a conference would be held on Nov. 11 -12 in PA
regarding this exact topic, so I know there must be other research. Can
anyone suggest anything?

Thank you,
Catherine