[KS] Jazz in Korea

Robinson, Michael E. robime at indiana.edu
Wed Nov 16 08:39:09 EST 2011

Jazz came to Korea by the mid to late 1920s.  Paul Winfield's band toured a number of times.  There were sporadically Jazz features on radio in the 1930s but it was not popular in the mainstream sense of pop songs.  There were Jazz Tabangs in the late 1960s when I first went to Korea, but not as many as Classical.

Mike Robinson