[KS] The AKS exhibition about Yeongjo

Adam Bohnet adam.bohnet at utoronto.ca
Wed Nov 16 08:41:17 EST 2011

Dear all:

I would like to sign my name beside Brother Anthony's e-mail as well.
It is a wonderful exhibit. When I went there it was less empty
although not hugely populated. Among the gems is a piece of
calligraphy by Yŏngjo from when he was about 5 or 6 (he produced
a very crude version of Song "Pine Tree" and Chuk "Bamboo," and I am
sure everybody was very proud of him when he had finished). It reminds
us all that once even Yŏngjo (whose adult calligraphy is really
lovely) had to learn how to read and write.

And it is quite fast from downtown if one takes the express bus from
Seoul Station (which I did not; I foolishly set out from Chamsil and
had a tour of that very prestigious ghost town which goes by the name
of P'an'gyo).

Yours,

Adam