[KS] Jazz in Korea

skhwang3 at gmail.com skhwang3 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 04:29:25 EST 2011

When did Josephine Baker come to Korea and in what context? Obviously, she
wasn't representing America--as she abhorred the racism and renounced her
citizenship in 1930s. Then, it must be through French connection or some
other channel. It'd be interesting to know the context/time period of her
performance in Korea and a possible encounter with people like Choi
Seung-hee. Taylor Atkins made a fascinating comparison of the two in his
recent book.

Best,

Su-kyoung