[KS] U.S. involvement in the Gwangju Uprising

don kirk kirkdon at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 24 19:03:49 EST 2011

Another: "The Kwangju Uprising: Eyewitness Accounts of Korea`s Tiananmen," edited by Henry Scott-Stokes and Lee Jae Eui, contains accounts by journalists who were there, Korean and foreign. No, I didn`t write one of them, but my picture appears in the book interviewing a victim in a hospital. And "Korea Witness: 135 Years of War Crisis and News on the Korean Peninsula," which I edited along with Choe Sang-hun, has a a section on Kwangju, not to mention a piece in which I recounted a little of my experiences there. Incidentally, some years later, I was at the Tiananmen Square uprising -- evoked eerie memories of Kwangju.
Don Kirk