[KS] Korea & ethnic purity

Hilary K Josephs hkjoseph at law.syr.edu
Sun Oct 2 14:09:10 EDT 2011

Dear colleagues:

Based on previous discussion of the presence of "foreigners" (including ethnic Chinese) in Korea, would it be safe to infer that Koreans are just as ethnocentric as the Japanese? May one also infer that most of the ethnic Korean population in Japan came to the country involuntarily? By involuntarily I mean forcible removal, not in search of better economic opportunities. As I recall, Korea, like Japan, is a country which does not recognize dual nationality for its citizens, in other words, if you obtain nationality elsewhere, your Korean nationality is automatically revoked.

Best regards,Hilary K. Josephs