[KS] Fwd: Korea in 1925 (German film with Korean narration)

Dr. Edward D. Rockstein ed4linda at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 12:37:09 EDT 2011

Ed Baker's email and Charles Armstrong's response called to mind a colleague of yesteryear, the late Ross MacDonald from the University of Toronto, whom I met and saw at several AAS conventions and who always had time for me and other younger, erstwhile Korean scholars. Ross was, I believe, born or grew up in Wonsan of missionary parents. His wife, in 1981, found some film in a trunk among her late husband's possessions. I suggest that those interested in old Korean footage check out this website:

http://tinyurl.com/3w82cdd

Regards,

Ed Rockstein

Dr. Edward D. Rockstein