[KS] Koreanstudies Digest, Vol 99, Issue 5

Frank Hoffmann hoffmann at koreaweb.ws
Sat Sep 10 11:19:44 EDT 2011

The earlier mentioned publications (and there are
likely newer ones I am not aware of) are
certainly better information sources on the
Benedictines. But for a quick CHRONOLOGY, I just
found this, please see this site. As the SOURCES
are the before mentioned books listed:

"Chronology ..."
http://www.missionsbenediktiner.de/seligsprechung/cms/kategorie/index.php?kategorieid=10
Reads like this ...

12/01/1948  -- Pater Dagobert Enck       --  into Wônsan Prison

04/28/1949  -- Br. Ludwig Fischer        --  prison in P'yôngyang
                and Br. Joseph Grahamer

05/09-10/1949  --                        --  Tôkwôn Abbey being occupied
                                              by Secret Police (ISAAC)
==> listings of arrests are following
==> list of *executed* (in German "hingerichtet")
German Benedictines follows also, and of those
who died in the Oksadôk prison and work camp or
in other prisons

(...)

Best,
Frank