[KS] Korean Studies Position

Michael Pettid mjpettid2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 13:52:05 EDT 2011

I would like to post the following announcement for a position in Korean Studies at Binghamton University.

Thank you,

Michael Pettid

The Department
of Asian and Asian American Studies at Binghamton University invites
applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Korean studies beginning
fall 2012.  The disciplinary specialty
for this position is open, but we especially encourage applicants with
expertise in areas such as cinema, visual cultures, contemporary literature, or
anthropology.  Qualified candidates must
hold a PhD or equivalent degree at the time of appointment.  We are seeking an outstanding scholar and
instructor who has the ability to teach both undergraduate and graduate
students.  This position has been made
possible in part by a grant from the Academy of Korean Studies. Applicants should
submit a cover letter, c.v., writing sample, and teaching materials to
http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com and three letters of recommendation to Michael
Pettid, Chair Korean Studies Search Committee, Department of Asian and Asian
American Studies, Binghamton University, PO Box 6000, Binghamton, NY 13902-6000.  The review of applications will begin
December 15, 2011 and will continue until the position is filled.  AA/EOE.