[KS] New Issue of the Seoul journal of Korean Studies

서울대학교 국제한국학센터 icks at snu.ac.kr
Mon Aug 13 22:58:23 EDT 2012

Dear all,

As usual, I would like to inform you of the contents of the latest issue of the Seoul Journal of Korean Studies (25 no. 1, June 2012). It actually came out a while ago, but somehow it slipped my mind to post this before going on holiday ^^.

Adam BOHNET: "Subversive Ming Loyalist Narratives in Late Choson Korea." (1-29)

KIM Jongtae: "The Origins of Korea's Eurocentrism: A Study of Discourses on Gaehwa and Munmyeong" (31-54)

Kelly S. WALSH: "Bridging Disappointment: Pak T'aewon's Kubo and James Joyce's Ulysses." (55-87)

Bernard SENECAL: "Son Master T'oeong Songch'ol's Legacy: A Reflection on the Political Background of the Korean Sudden/Gradual Debate." (89-126)

Hilary FINCHUM-SUNG: "The Rainbow Chorus: Performing Multicultural Identity in South Korea." (127-159)

We look forward to receiving your submissions, both research articles and short book reviews, especially of academic books on Korea published in any language other than English. For information on submission and to receive copies of the journal, please send an e-mail to seoul.journal at gmail.com.