[KS] Korean Tea Ceremony and other wonders

Sun Joo Kim sunjookim1 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 16 00:07:44 EDT 2012

Dear Frank and list members,
I just noticed that the link that I provided in my earlier post for the poem 經營兮十年。作草堂兮三間。明月兮淸風。咸收拾兮時完。惟江山兮無處納。散而置兮觀之 leads to some other poem (百里群山擁野平。臨溪茅屋幸初成。此身不繫蒼生望。宜與沙鷗結好盟), which is also titled "MyOnang-jOng". I guess some online glitches. The poem under discussion can be found in MyOnang-jip, kwOn 4, chapchO (Han'guk munjip ch'onggan, vol. 26, 237c). As for Frank's question, I assume that this poem  was originally a sijo and composed in the Korean or mixed script (as in Professor Kim-Renaud's post, beginning with 十年을 經營하야 草廬三間지어내니...) and then later written in hanmun (經營兮十年...) as we see now in MyOnang-jip, Song Sun's collected works. But I am not certain.
I believe MyOnang-jOng (whether it was one 3-kan hut or a compound of several buildings with sorrounding gardens, I do not know) was built by Song Sun back in the sixteenth century. I am sure that the pavilion must have gone through numerous repairs and possibly total reconstructions, thereby might have lost its original 16th century state.
Best,
Sun Joo Kim