[KS] Korean Tea Ceremony and other wonders

McCann, David dmccann at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Aug 16 17:57:52 EDT 2012

One of the fascinating parts in this intriguing string is the way a sijo can do it all.  The gesture, from the composed moment when it begins.  I've always found that fascinating, how the lines are not just parts of an argument, but movements,steps, and gestures as in a dance.

Have a drink, and then just have another!  Who cares if it be tea or makkolli?  Let's just pluck petals and keep count on this garden-variety abacus.

There ought to be a book on this very subject, of tea, gardens, landscapes, a drink, and a few lines of verse sung out.

David McCann

Sent from my iPad