[KS] Gold leaf on the Kim Il Sung statue in the Mansudae GrandMonument?

don kirk kirkdon at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 28 12:35:43 EST 2012

Visitors to Hamheung in July were taken to a KIS statue atop a small hill overlooking the main avenue through the city. The statue was definitely not gold -- bronze-coated or maybe bronze. The hill, we were told, was the creation of local citizens who piled up the earth to provide a fitting place for the statue. Incidentally, as in Pyongyang, someone in the grouip had to offer flowers while everyone lined up and bowed, or nodded, toward the statue.
Don Kirk