[KS] Travelogue: Book on Seoul and First Movie ever Filmed and Played in Korea by E. Burton Holmes, 1901

Kwang On Yoo lovehankook at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 09:39:32 EST 2012

I am sorry, I didn't know that the Google free e-books only work in the
U.S.

April of 1901, Holmes and his party arrived Chemulpo from China. He took
following route according to page 9 of the book:

" But we approached Korea not from the Japanese, but from Chinese, side. We
sail from Taku, Peking's Port: tranship at Chi-Fu, and cross the entrance
to the Gulf of Pe-chi-li on a steamer - - -. The ship threads her way
toward Chemulpo, the chief port of Korea, - - -.

Kwang-On Yoo