[KS] Opinion on Korean English Romanization System

장연옥 yonokchang at ymail.com
Wed Jun 27 13:27:25 EDT 2012

Greetings,

I don't know which one I will vote for, if Korean government or group of scholars in Korean Studies field asks me. However, it seems to be ideal to unify the Korean English Romanization System. The South Korean government is using a system, which is different from the Mecqune-Reischauer. This is no good for the Korean government, not only inconvenient to scholars in the Korean studies field.

I hope this will inspire some energetic scholars and the Korean government will listen to what they have to say attentively. As a Korean I am not so sure, but our government will likely to benefit using the M-R system.

Thank you for your attention.

Yeonok Jang
researcher (Korean music, p'ansori)
Seoul, Korea