[KS] Call for Papers: Korea's Place in the World

James B. Lewis jay.lewis at orinst.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 27 13:09:15 EDT 2012

Korea's Place in the World: Now and Twenty Years Hence

CALL FOR PAPERS
BRITISH ASSOCIATION FOR KOREAN STUDIES

What is the future for the Korean peninsula, north and south, in the
world of 2032? What are some major drivers of change that will create
the Korea of 2032? What are possible scenarios for urbanisation and
Korean cities? How will an immersive digital environment affect Korean
culture and economy? What will the grey shift mean for Korean society
and infrastructure in 2032?

The British Association for Korean Studies will hold a Workshop at the
School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, on 17
November 2012 on the topic of 'Korea's Place in the World: Now and
Twenty Years Hence'. We invite paper presenters to turn their expertise
to the future, particularly in the fields of urbanisation, demography,
and the digital revolution, and consider Korea as a case study. We will
favour proposals that address the impact of technology on society and
social change, and papers from post-graduate students are particularly
welcome. All full papers submitted will be considered for publication in
the Papers of the British Association for Korean Studies, after a peer
review.

*Deadline for abstracts: 1 September 2012
Deadline for full papers: 1 November 2012 (for those with an intention
towards publication in BAKS Papers)
Contact for Workshop:
Dr. Owen Miller
SOAS, University of London