[KS] Journal of Korean Religions 3.1 has been published

Don Baker ubcdbaker at hotmail.com
Mon May 7 20:01:06 EDT 2012

Journal of Korean Religions

Volume
3, no. 1

We are pleased to announce the publication of vol.3:1 of
the Journal of Korean Religions. It
is a special issue on Buddhism in the latter half of the Chosŏn dynasty, with
Boudewijin Walraven of Leiden University serving as guest editor.   This issue includes the following articles:

Publication of Buddhist Literary
Texts: The Publication and Popularization of Mantra Collections, and Buddhist Ritual Texts
in the Late Chosŏn
Dynasty by Hee-sook Nam

The Activities and Significance of Temple Fraternities in Late Chosŏn
Buddhism by Sangkil Han

Monastic Education and Educational Ideology in
Late Chosŏn Buddhism
by Jong-su Lee

A Buddhist
Reconquest
of
Korea? Namho Yŏnggi and “Changan kŏlsikka” by Younghee Lee

Buddhist Accommodation and Appropriation and the Limits of Confucianization by Boudewijn Walraven

It also includes a research article on “Korea
Bible Women’s Success: Using the Anbang
Network and the Religious Authority of the Mudang”
by Lee-Ellen Strawn, plus six reviews
of recent books on Korean religion.

JKR is published by the Institute
for the Study of Religion at Sogang University.
Our
editors, Professors Seong-nae Kim, head of the Institute for the Study of Religion at
Sogang University
in
Seoul, Korea, and Don Baker, professor of Korean civilization at the
University of British Columbia, represent the global approach at the heart
of the Journal’s mission. Working
with the University of Hawaii Press, we have global distribution for our print
volumes. Moreover, you can now also find us on Project MUSE.

Don Baker ProfessorDepartment of Asian Studies University of British Columbia Vancouver, Canada V6T 1Z2 don.baker at ubc.ca