[KS] Kyujanggak Symposium: Chinese Perceptions of Korea, Korean Perceptions of China

서울대학교 국제한국학센터 icks at snu.ac.kr
Tue Oct 16 05:03:45 EDT 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to inform you that the fifth Kyujanggak Symposium on Korean Studies is taking place this Thursday and Friday (18-19 October). My sincere apologies for posting this so late, but I hope that many of you may still be able to attend.
The conference theme is "Chinese Perceptions of Korea, Korean Perceptions of China" in connection with the 20th anniversary of the establishment of official relations between the two countries.

There will be a keynote speech on Thursday morning (10 AM), by Prof Park Byung-Hee on the conference theme, followed by three panel sessions.

Thursday afternoon (14:00-17:00):
Cultural Exchanges Between China and Korea in the Pre-Modern Period: Focusing on the Representation and Role of Religions in the Koryo and Early Choson Periods

The Origins of Contemporary Korean-Chinese Diplomacy: The Korean War

Friday Morning (9:00-12:30)
China as Seen by Choson - Choson as Seen by China

For the full program, please see http://kyujanggak.snu.ac.kr/_Board/Detail.jsp?type=11
(only in Korean - but the majority of presentations will be in Korean, and a few in English and Chinese)