[KS] RASKB program for April

Brother Anthony ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr
Tue Apr 2 23:30:46 EDT 2013

I hope that members of this list residing in Korea might like to participate in one or other of the activities of the Royal Asiatic Society Korea Branch.:
Full details of each can be found in our home page  http://www.raskb.com/

Brother Anthony
President, RAS Korea

Lectures start at 7:30pm, in the second-floor Lounge of Somerset Palace near Anguk-dong Rotary

Tuesday, April 9
Andrei Lankov: The female face of North Korean capitalism: North Korean gender relations in the post-famine era

Tuesday, April 23
Emanuel Pastreich: Scholars of the World Discuss Korea's Future

Excursions
Apr. 6 & 7 Namhaedo & Jinhae Cherry Blossom tour (Sue Bae)
Apr. 13 Daehangno and Hyehwa-dong: An Architectural Walk (Bob Fouser)
Apr. 14 Woraksan National Park, Gosu Cave & Chungju Lake (Sue Bae0
Apr. 21 Gyeonggido Cherry Blossom (Sue Bae)
Apr. 27 Cheollipo Magnolia tour (Sue Bae)
Apr. 27-28. Gyeongju. (David Mason)

Visit to the National Museum of Korea
Wednesday April 17, 7pm. The Peranakan World (special exhibition).

Reading Group: at 7pm on Monday April 29, place to be announced, please contact me if interested