[KS] BBC journalists pose as LSE university students in North Korea

James B. Lewis jay.lewis at orinst.ox.ac.uk
Sun Apr 14 16:41:43 EDT 2013

I heard this story in disbelief. The spokesman claimed that the students
knew about the risk and agreed beforehand, but that they only knew about
one reporter masquarading as a student and not about the other two, and
I paraphrase, 'for their own protection'. There's a severe dis-connect
from reality on the part of the BBC, and I'm sad to say that they have
now joined the ranks of the News of the World. Was the Levenson Inquiry
a complete waste of time?

Yours,
JB Lewis

--
Dr. James B. Lewis
President of the British Association for Korean Studies
Email: jay.lewis at orinst.ox.ac.uk
Tel: +44-(0)1865-278200
http://www.orinst.ox.ac.uk/ea/korean/index.html