[KS] BBC journalists pose as LSE university students in North Korea

don kirk kirkdon at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 14 17:28:42 EDT 2013

I responded to BBC in approximately these words:I have been to North Korea a number of times (most recently in July) without declaring myself a journalist. How else are you going to get insights into the country -- even if you're always accompanied by a guide-minder no matter who are you or claim to be? BBC should definitely run the piece as enterprise journalism at a critical time. The LSE students who were on the trip should be honored to have participated even if they didn't know at the time that BBC was doing the piece.Don Kirk