[KS] World Expo 1970 Turtle Ship pavilion?

Frank Hoffmann hoffmann at koreanstudies.com
Sat Aug 31 11:49:24 EDT 2013

Can't help with photos either, except for this which is all over the
Interweb:
http://pinktentacle.com/images/10/expo70_11.jpg
Maybe following the architect's trace would get you to some journal
with good shots?  Kim Su-gŭn was after all the father of modern Korean
architecture, and I would think that he introduced his project in his
journal _Konggan / SPACE_. It is a very important magazine, GSD
(Frances Loeb Library) might have a copy, although I think not the 70s
issues. Maybe you even find something at the magazine's online DB, if
it goes back that far: http://www.vmspace.com  If not there, search
other coffee table books on Kim Su-gŭn and the SPACE group.

Here is well-made professional promo video about the 70' Expo by the
Australians. It is worth watching, very enjoyable. Maybe the very last
year in history the world community still believed in a modern future
through technological advances. The first Japanese nuclear power plants
went on-line, girls were wearing mini skirts, and Vietnam was not lost
yet. Great architecture, all over! Today you go to some architecture
biennale and all you see are small papier-mâché models and computer
design projections by people having too much fun playing around with
GoogleSketchup or Autodesk.

Australian promo, 70' Expo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8m-1wsSU1k

Another nice one, a ride with the mono-rail, giving a good idea of how
impressively large the entire Expo was.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jInOxcSC45E

Frank