[KS] Special Law on Sex Trade 2004/Anti-Prostitution Law

Samuel Henderson samueljhenderson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 14:59:34 EST 2013

There are two laws you might be referring to, both enacted in 2004: the
"Act On The Prevention Of Sexual Traffic And Protection, Etc. Of Victims
Thereof" and the "Act On The Punishment Of Acts Of Arranging Sexual
Traffic, Etc."  (Korean names: 성매매방지 및 피해자보호 등에 관한 법률, 성매매알선 등 행위의 처벌에 관한
법률).

Translations of both are available on the KLRI website (
http://elaw.klri.re.kr ), free for viewing/printing once you have signed up
for an account (which is also free).

NB, at this writing, these translations reflect amendments through mid-2011
only, so if you need either the exact 2004 text or the exact current text,
they may not quite fit the bill.  (Presumably KLRI put out a translation of
the original 2004 text at that time, but I am not quite sure where one
would find it now.)

Hope that helps!

Best regards,

Sam