[KS] Chinese side sources on China's Northeast Project

Frank Joseph Shulman fshulman at umd.edu
Thu Jan 10 19:06:17 EST 2013

Dear Andrew,

May I please ask whether you have considered checking the nearly 825,000-entry online "Bibliography of Asian Studies" (BAS) of the Association for Asian Studies ( http://www.asian-studies.org/bassub.htm)?  At the moment, I regret to say, there are no institutional subscribers in Finland; but there are many such subscribers elsewhere in Europe, as you can see from the list at http://www.asian-studies.org/basorg.htm.  While the BAS limits its coverage to Western-language publications and thus its coverage of relevant Chinese-language sources would be found only in translation, my recollection is that the BAS overall does include English-language bibliographical citations that may well be helpful to you.

Best wishes for the new year,

Frank

January 10, 2013

P.S. I might add that the  Northeast Asian History Foundation in South Korea is also one of the institutional subscribers.

Frank Joseph Shulman
Associate Editor, Bibliography of Asian Studies
Bibliographer, Editor and Consultant for Reference Publications in Asian Studies
9225 Limestone Place
College Park, Maryland 20740-3943 (U.S.A.)