[KS] Shinto shrines as hotels

Bill Streifer photografr7 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 12 23:38:40 EDT 2013

I've learned on good authority that a Shinto shrine on Namsan Mountain was used as a hotel for Japanese transients in Korea who were scheduled to return to Japan. The larger shine (Chosen) is at the top of the mountain (see attached). The smaller (and older) shrine was located further down the mountain and is not seen in the photo, or so I have been told.

Is anyone aware of shrines used as transient hotels, and is anyone willing to guess which of the two shrines was used in this way?

Bill Streifer

--
Bill Streifer & Irek Sabitov