[KS] Older accounts of Korea

Brother Anthony ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr
Mon Mar 18 01:38:16 EDT 2013

I have spent some of the winter putting lists and descriptions of older texts about Korea into my home page with links to online versions (of which amazingly many are available)

In separate pages you will find commented links
1. To texts mentioning or describing Korea published in the 16th and 17th centuries.  http://hompi.sogang.ac.kr/anthony/EarliestMentionsKorea.html

2.  To texts mentioning or describing Korea published in the 18th and early 19th centuries.   http://hompi.sogang.ac.kr/anthony/EarliestAccountsKorea18century.html

3. To texts of some later 19th- and early 20th-century accounts of Korea   http://hompi.sogang.ac.kr/anthony/Myearlytexts.html

All these links can be found at the start of my list of Old Books about Korea http://hompi.sogang.ac.kr/anthony/BooksKorea.htm together with a short listing of all the sections of text that I have copied, edited and included.

I would be grateful to know what I have missed or got wrong.

I have also included an English translation of Henri Zuber's account of the French expedition to Ganghwa Island and of (so far) one section of Charles Varat's journey,  for the benefit of any whose French is rusty.

Brother Anthony
President, RASKB etc