[KS] Royal Asiatic Society Korea Branch May program

Brother Anthony ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr
Tue May 7 05:54:40 EDT 2013

Members of this list who are in Korea are warmly invited to participate in the activities of the RAS Korea:

Brother Anthony
President, RAS Korea

Full details of each item can be found in our home page http://www.raskb.com/

Lectures (held in Somerset Palace, near Anguk Rotary)
Tuesday, May 14, 2013. 7:30pm.
Kenneth Robinson: Pirates and Traders, and Fake Japanese, too: Korean-Japanese Relations from 1392 to 1592

Tuesday, May 28, 2013. 7:30pm.
David Mason: The Distinctive Characteristics of Korean Buddhism

Videos of a number of past lectures can be viewed through our Blog

Excursions
May 11 Walking in Incheon (Robert Fouser)
May 17 Buddha’s Birthday   (J. Seligson)
May 19 Walking in Seochon (Robert Fouser)
May 25-26 Tea making in Jirisan  (Br. Anthony)
June 1 Sobaek-san (Hwibang-sa, Guin-sa) (Sue Bae)
June 6 Introducing Korea’s unique Gods and indigenous Faiths (Jun (Y.K.) Shin)

Tuesday, July 9 to Sunday, July 14, 2013
Mongolia Adventure (see our home page)

Visit to the National Museum of Korea
Wednesday May 15, 7pm. Calligraphy
Then (usually) every 3rd Wednesday of the month

Reading Group
Monday, June 3, 7pm. Lee Oyoung “The General’s Beard”
In the library of Jong-no district office

In addition our home page includes lists of books about Korea for sale, published by RASKB and soon also by other publishers, as well as a growing "E-Book Library"