[KS] two formal questions - Japanese/Korean

Mark Morris mrm1000 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Apr 16 04:52:56 EDT 2014

Hello Frank,

In writing Japanese names in kanji, we wouldn't leave spaces anywhere.
Same holds for titles, though in romanisation the practice of only
capitalising a)first noun/nominal and b)thereafter only 'proper' nouns
and names [sort of a la francaise] isn't always consistent.

There are spacing rules combined with punctuation for writing Japanese
that many foreigners never get the hang of. I am, alas, one of them.

cheers

Mark

Mark Morris
Trinity College, Cambridge