[KS] A temple query

Frank Hoffmann hoffmann at koreanstudies.com
Wed Aug 13 03:31:37 EDT 2014

Okay ... here we go:
All three photos are from 1911, not from 1925 or 1926, as stated by
that Korean blogger (or KBS ?). The photos are in the first edition of
Norbert Weber's _Im Lande der Morgenstille_ [In the land of the morning
calm] (1915), and it is also in the later 1923 edition (see my note
below the three images), which I have not at hand now. You may check
the Korean translation (of the "de-politicized" 1923 edition), if you
are in Korea right now, or if you have that book with you. MAYBE the
translators commented on the images there?

Color plate between pages 96 and 97: