[KS] December activities of RAS Korea

Brother Anthony ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr
Wed Dec 3 20:22:07 EST 2014

Members of this list who are in Seoul are welcome to join the activities of the RAS listed below

Brother Anthony
President, RAS Korea

See our Website: http://www.raskb.com  for full details

Upcoming Lectures in the Residents' Lounge of Somerset Palace
Dec 9 Lee Keun-Gwan: Recent Trends in the Return of Cultural Objects to their Countries of Origin: Implications for Korea
Dec 16 Jacco Zwetsloot: Guan Yu: Why Koreans worship a Chinese tofu seller
January 13, 2015, Harold Swindall: Mural of Mystery: the Amitabha Buddha Triad at Muwi-sa
January 27 Dr. Ra Jongyil: The Portrait of a Terrorist

Excursions
Saturday, December 13 City Shopping Spree (Sue Bae)

The RAS Cinema Club with the Seoul Film Society
Saturday 6th December at 3pm. We will be showing the classic 1964 Korean masterpiece 'The Barefooted Young' ('Maenbal-ui cheongchun') from director Kim Ki-Deok.
These are free showings of great Korean movies, with an introduction and free-wheeling discussion after, at 3pm every first Saturday afternoon of each month in Haechi Hall, Seoul Global Cultural Center on the 5th floor, Mplaza, Myeongdong, Seoul.

RAS - Business & Culture Club
The Business & Culture Club meeting is usually held on every 2nd Tuesday of the month. Please join the Facebook Group of the above name to receive detailed information.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/rasbusinessclub/

RAS Reading Club
Monday, January 5 at 7:00 p.m. at the Jongno District Office Library. We talk about a Korean short story translated into English each month in the library at Jongno District Office. Please see the Facebook page for more information.
 https://www.facebook.com/groups/rasreadingclub/

RAS Photography Workshops
Saturday December 13 “Holiday Lights.” Tom Coyner offers a series of in-depth “Royal Asiatic Society-Blue Dalmatian Photo Workshops.” Please get in touch with Tom at tomcoyner at gmail.com or 010-9099-6195. You are also encouraged to visit the Blue Dalmatian Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BlueDalmatianPhoto

RAS Colloquium in Korean Studies
An informal gathering each month for the presentation and discussion of research by people engaged in Korean Studies at a serious level. Contact Brother Anthony (ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr) for more information.

Bookstore
Our office also serves as a bookstore, with many rare and interesting titles about Korea available, with a discount for RAS members. Please phone before visiting, to be sure there will be someone there.
Please sign up for our emailed Newsletters (domestic and overseas) through links in the Membership section of our home page and join / like our Facebook page and groups.