[KS] New Berkeley Publication: A Comparative Study of East Asian Capitalism (Hong Yung Lee, ed.)

Berkeley Center for Korean Studies cks at berkeley.edu
Mon Dec 8 12:10:20 EST 2014

-----------------

Greetings from UC Berkeley Institute of East Asian Studies Publications!

We are pleased to announce the publication of:

*A Comparative Study of East Asian CapitalismLee, Hong Yung, ed.*

ISBNs 978-1-55729-108-0 and 1-55729-108-X
$25.00

This book is an initial attempt to compare China, Japan, and South Korea,
three close geographical and cultural neighbors whose development
trajectories, though previously divergent, have been moving more recently
toward convergence. This edited volume examines similar institutions in
similar functional areas within the three countries. To understand the
findings, the authors suggest a working concept of "institutional
templates," a framework that considers the ways in which each country is
oriented toward authority, exchange, and networks. We hope that the book as
a whole will demonstrate the intellectual utility of a broad comparative
study of East Asian economic development.

For more information, please go to
http://ieas.berkeley.edu/publications/rpps46.html

With best wishes,

Katherine Lawn Chouta