[KS] "Petition; "Make U.S. high school curriculums more inclusive of Japanese War Crimes during WW II"

Kent Davy kentdavy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 01:39:15 EST 2014

1. Why is this blatantly political appeal appearing on the list?

2. Why should the US permit an instrument of American public opinion to be
hijacked to sharpen the nationalist axe of one foreign nation against
another in a controversy in which the only US interests is that it is
settled between the nations in interest in a manner that is mutually
acceptable?

3. What procedural safeguards exist to ensure that, in connection with a
device that is intended to provide for the ostensibly sua sponte
expression, and perhaps official Presidential affirmation, of American
public opinion, petitioners' identities as US citizens are confirmed (and
the propensity of Korean nutizens to vote early and vote often is
effectively curtailed)?

"The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."