[KS] Koreanstudies Digest, Vol 128, Issue 13

Dr. Edward D. Rockstein ed4linda at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 8 10:30:43 EST 2014

Atrocities West and East:

cf., Nazi, U.S.

Dr. Edward D. Rockstein

ed4linda at yahoo.com

"All history was a palimpsest, scraped clean and re-inscribed exactly as often as was necessary."
George Orwell; Nineteen Eighty-Four; 1949.

Before we put our discussion of Japanese atrocities to rest, please look up the word "vivisection." The Japanese actually performed exploratory surgery on the enemy (most likely the Chinese) without anesthesia. The thought of that makes me sick to my stomach.