[KS] Call for Papers / Global Food History

Katarzyna Cwiertka kasia at hungry.demon.nl
Sun Feb 16 11:23:19 EST 2014

Global Food History: Call for Papers

We are proud to announce Global Food History, a new, peer-reviewed, academic
journal that aims to present works in food history from leading scholars in
the field. We welcome original manuscripts covering any period from
prehistory to the present and any geographical area, including transnational
and world histories of food. We particularly encourage submissions on
subjects relating to and from contributors outside of Europe and North
America. The journal will be published in English, and we are committed to
providing editorial support for authors, particularly those whose first
language is not English. In addition to original research, the editors
welcome articles about teaching food history and archival notes. The journal
will also publish book reviews.

As a scholarly field, food history has grown tremendously in the past decade
and has been enriched by the work of both academics and researchers outside
the academy. We feel this is an auspicious moment to provide a new venue
specifically for research in this field. We hope that this journal will
encourage wider recognition that food is not only an important means for
studying such traditional scholarly concerns as politics, class, gender,
race, and ethnicity, but also an important field in its own right, exploring
a vital part of the human experience. Teachers of courses in food history
will also benefit from having a journal with global perspective dedicated to
this field. Because history offers an ideal forum for conversations across
the social sciences and humanities, we also invite submissions from scholars
in allied disciplines who take seriously historians' concerns with change
over time, causation, and periodization.

Research articles should generally not exceed 8,000 words (inclusive of
references, tables, or illustrations). Teaching articles and archival notes
should generally not exceed 4,000 words. Book reviews should be no longer
than 1,000 words. All submissions should follow U.S. spelling and style. We
prefer manuscripts as Word documents or in Rich Text Format. Citations
should follow the Chicago Manual of Style. In addition to endnotes, we
request a list of works cited at the end of the article. For further
information, please see our website www.globalfoodhistory.com.

Please address questions and submissions to globalfoodhistory at bloomsbury.com

Editors:

Katarzyna J. Cwiertka