[KS] "The mentality of the East gives the power to belittle Kings."

Bill Streifer photografr7 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 26 12:41:10 EST 2014

During my research travels I came across an interesting quote that I felt I had to share with this group. Respond if you wish...

In 1935, Dr. Fritz Hansgirg, a brilliant Austrian-born chemist, arrived in Japan. Jun Noguchi, the head of the chemical complex at Konan in northeast Korea had invited Hansgirg to help setup a magnesium plant in that city. Since the 1920's, Hansgirg had negotiated contracts with some of the largest industrialists in the world, including representatives of I.G. Farben, Pittsburgh Steel, etc. and now Noguchi. On the very day that Hansgirg arrived in Japan, he received disheartening news from one of his U.S. partners. He later wrote to a friend in the States in which he said the "new atmosphere" (in Japan) was much stronger than his recent business troubles, and, after a short time, “the mentality of the East gives the power to belittle Kings.”

-- Bill Streifer