[KS] submissions for AKSE newsletter no. 38

Jim Hoare jim at jhoare10.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Jul 30 08:37:39 EDT 2014

Dear Michael
Sorry to be at the last minute.
Nothing much to report. I continued to teach North Korea at SOAS in 2013-14
but have handed over to Owen Miller. I remain an Honorary Fellow. I do a
modest amount of broadcasting, mainly now for the web-based Monocle Radio
but I have also appeared on the BBC and Sky. I have talked about North Korea
to student audiences at LSE, King's College London, Warwick and Aston
Universities, and to school students at Eton and the British School Warsaw.
I have published web articles with East Asia Forum, 38th North, NK News and
the Tumen River Triangle project, plus numerous book reviews.  I am about to
complete (and not before time) a completely new edition of an "Historical of
the Republic of Korea" for Scarecrow Press. Susan pares and I were editors
and contributors to the 2013 edition of "Korea: Politics, Economics and
Society" (along with Patrick Koellner and Rudiger Frank), which has now
ceased publication.
Use as much or as little as you want. Hope all is well.
Jim