[KS] 2014 National Museum of Korea Fellowship Program

Dennis Lee dennisleeucla at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 19:35:50 EST 2014

Dear Fellow List Members,

The National Museum of Korea is now advertising their 2014 Museum Network
Fellowship Program.

It is from June 29th to July 12th, 2014. The program includes round-trip
airfare to Korea, meals and accommodations, regional tour expenses, etc.

The application deadline is March 31st, 2014, so I encourage anyone who is
interested to apply quickly. This is a good program for PhD students and
Post-docs. We also had several professors last year as well. You are
required to write a very short research paper that will be published in
their annual publication (not refereed).

This program has some lectures ranging from archaeology, art history,
architecture, and museum science. There are also field trips to various
sites. Several group members and I participated in the program last year,
and I certainly enjoyed it and learned a lot. This is primarily geared for
those who do not have a strong background in Korean archaeology or art
history, especially from other regional studies fields like those working
in Japan and Korea. If you have colleagues in those fields who might be
interested in learning more about Korea, definitely pass this along.

I'm attaching the application and information. If you have questions about
the program itself or application procedures, I recommend emailing their
program director Cindy Kim at cindykim at korea.kr.

Best,
Dennis Lee