[KS] A new translated poetry collection

Brother Anthony ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr
Thu May 29 23:16:42 EDT 2014

(One of) Korea's most celebrated philosophers is Park I-mun (born 1930) who has published in English etc using his original name of Ynhui Park. For some 20 years he taught at Simmons College in Boston, having earned a first doctorate in French literature at the Sorbonne and a second in philosophy (on Merleau-Ponty) in the US. He has published several volumes of poetry, one in English but mainly in Korean.

Seoul Selection (Korea / US) have now published my translations of his selected Korean poems. "Shadows of the Void, by Ynhui Park" and I need to make this known since Korean poetry in translation does not often get much noticed or bought. Seoul Selection is at http://www.seoulselection.com/

Some translations of poems by the Korean poet Kim Sa-in were published in the Iowa Review Volume 43 Number 3 (Winter 2013/4)

A translation of the poem written by Ko Un after the ferry tragedy can be read at  http://wordswithoutborders.org/article/a-poem-i-didnt-name

For poetry lovers

Brother Anthony
Translator