[KS] Symposium related to Korea - Call for paper

levi nicolas nicolas_levi at yahoo.fr
Tue Oct 28 05:33:07 EDT 2014

Dear Sir,
May you put online the attached call regarding a symposium focused on modern Korea.
Thanks you in advance,
Nicolas Levi
TheInstitute of Mediterranean and Oriental Cultures of the Polish Academy ofSciences, The Department of Asia Cultures is pleased to announce the followingSymposium:

The KoreanPeninsula in a global context. Opportunities and challenges in the 21stcentury.

The risingposition of the Korean Peninsula in a global context is a challenge forresearchers. This seminar is a one-day event featuring panel discussions ofscholars engaged in research policy on the Korean Peninsula. We will especiallyfocus on the modern Korean Peninsula after 1945. Topics related to both Koreasare welcomed. The seminar will cover political, economical and cultural issues.

Proposalsfor participation in sessions related to these and other related themes are nowsolicited. Proposals for roundtable discussions on theabove topics are also welcome.We welcome submission of research papers relatedand not limited to the previous mentioned topics: We kindly invite you toprepare and submit your abstract/proposal in a Word format. After the event,texts related to the Seminar may be published in Acta Asiatica, our ResearchJournal.
We kindlyinvite you to prepare your documents and send it to Nicolas Levi –nicolas.levi at iksio.pan.pl or acta.asiatica at iksio.pan.pl.