[KS] Request for suggestions: Korean Scholars Researching Water-Related issues in Korea

Philip Brown hokurikukenkyu at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 17:03:01 EST 2015

Dear Colleagues,

I write to request your help in identifying Korean scholars whom I might
consider for participation in a series of workshops at Ohio State
University on the theme of* Water, Society and Survival in Global
Socio-Economic Perspective:** Lessons from the Past*.  I am collecting
suggestions as part of a grant application to fund the workshops, and for
future applications for funding.

In brief, we are looking for Korean scholars in Korea who can present/write
in English and who are researching water control in Korea, including, but
not limited to pre-modern studies. In particular, we seek scholars who
treat issues of supply (e.g., irrigation), oversupply (e.g., flood
control), water control and economic development (more modern, but
pre-modern is good, too), and water-control and state-building.  Please
forward suggestions of scholar's names, institutions and research
specialty/interests to me at:  brown.113 at osu.edu or to the list.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

Philip C. Brown