[KS] Korean Environmental History

Philip Brown hokurikukenkyu at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 20:31:56 EST 2015

Dear Colleagues,

Thanks to all for your promising suggestions and useful contacts regarding
water-related research in Korea.

I need to ask an additional favor, information on scholars (both Korean and
non-Korean) who are working on Korean environmental history.  I and a
colleague are in preliminary stages of developing a plan for an edited
collection on East Asian environmental history, and I would like
suggestions for people who are knowledgeable about scholars working in this
field.  While much published work may focus on relatively recent Korean
history, we also want to do what we can to present material on pre-modern
and even ancient Korea.  We are looking for a good adviser or two at this
point rather than authors (a call along those lines will come later!).

Thanks in advance for your assistance and thoughts.

Philip C. Brown
Brown.113 at osu.edu