[KS] Moving Imperial Japan's capital from Tokyo to Beijing

Eugene Y. Park epa at sas.upenn.edu
Sat Jan 3 22:19:44 EST 2015

Dear colleagues,

Could someone point me to a source or two on how during the Second
Sino-Japanese War some Japanese advocated moving Imperial Japan's
capital from Tokyo to Beijing? When I submitted to a journal a
manuscript on Imperial Korea's development of Pyongyang (1902-1904) as
the secondary capital, one of the reviewers mentioned the pro-Beijing
sentiment of some Japanese during the Second Sino-Japanese War.

Thank you in advance,
Gene

Eugene Y. Park
Korea Foundation Associate Professor of History
Director, James Joo-Jin Kim Program in Korean Studies
University of Pennsylvania
http://www.history.upenn.edu/people/faculty/eugene-y-park