[KS] MLA Survey on Texts and Translations in Korean

Janet Poole janet.poole at utoronto.ca
Fri Jun 5 10:44:13 EDT 2015

Dear colleagues,

I would like to draw your attention to a new initiative by the MLA to publish translations of Korean literature with accompanying Korean language volumes.  The translations are designed primarily for upper level undergraduate or graduate student use and are published as nifty-looking but most reasonably priced paperbacks.

In order to get a better sense of what instructors would like available for classroom use, we are conducting a brief survey.  Please take a moment to complete this survey at the link below and help us come up with projects you would really use. There are only three short questions and you do not need to be a member of MLA in order to participate!

 https://scholcomm.commons.mla.org/in-development/survey-call-for-proposals-korean-texts-and-translations

If you have any questions about either the survey or the initiative itself, or if you are interested in potentially submitting a proposal for a translation project, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you,
Janet

Janet Poole
Associate Professor and Coordinator of Graduate Studies
Department of East Asian Studies
University of Toronto

When the Future Disappears: The Modernist Imagination in Late Colonial Korea
https://cup.columbia.edu/book/978-0-231-16518-1/when-the-future-disappears