[KS] Research grant opportunity at the Korean Heritage Library, University of Southern California
joykim at usc.edu
Fri May 15 14:41:48 EDT 2015
Please distribute widely.
OKSHF Research Grant at USC Korean Heritage Library
The Korean Heritage Library (KHL) at the University of Southern California is pleased to announce research grants for researchers, librarians, and educators in Korean Studies. Thanks to generous support from the Overseas Korean Studies and Heritage Foundation (OKSHF), the grant assists scholars in their use of USC Korean Heritage Library’s resources for research to promote scholarship in Korean Studies.
Scholars and librarians whose research can benefit from the resources at the USC Korean Heritage Library. We will give strong preference to distinguished scholars from Korea and other countries outside the United States and to those at domestic U.S. institutions with few Korean library resources.
A maximum of $3,000 awarded during 2015 to support up to 3 scholars.
· International scholars: up to $2,000
· Domestic scholars: up to $1,000
· September 30, 2015: Deadline for proposals
· October 30, 2015: Notification of grantees
· October 31, 2016: Deadline for use of research grant awards
Benefits for Grantees
· Partial support for costs related to consulting resources at the USC Libraries as part of their research on Korea (travel, accommodations, meals, copying, etc.)
· USC library privileges and support from USC KHL faculty and staff during their research visit
· Active engagement with USC’s dynamic community of Korean Studies faculty and students through workshops and informal gatherings
Requirements for Grantees
· A brief report at the end of on-site research
· Exit interview with KHL Curator sharing the researcher’s experiences and suggestions for the OKSHF Research Grant program
· Works resulting from the OKSHF Research Grant must acknowledge the grant in all publications and/or presentations.
· Gift copies of all publications resulting from the grant must be submitted to the USC Libraries. If this is not possible, citations must be reported for KHL’s records.
· Submitting receipts for reimbursement up to the amount of the award
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of USC librarians and faculty.
Inquiries may be directed to:
· Joy Kim, Curator of the Korean Heritage Library: joykim at usc.edu<mailto:joykim at usc.edu>
· Kenneth Klein, Head of the East Asian Library: kklein at usc.edu<mailto:kklein at usc.edu>
Submit the following documentation via email attachments to: joykim at usc.edu<mailto:joykim at usc.edu>
· A brief statement (approximately 250 words) describing your research project and its purpose, needs for on-site research at USC KHL, proposed visit schedule, and an estimated budget
· A curriculum vitae
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Koreanstudies