[KS] Postdoctoral Research Scholarship University of Malaga, Spain

ui.io.uma uma ui.io.uma at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 04:33:15 EDT 2016

Dear companions,

We would like to spread the news about the offer of a scholarship for
postdoctoral researchers in University of Malaga, Spain. Since we have a
department of Korean Studies, we wanted to spread this message to the
koreanists community in order to have chances to keep broadening our scope
of action.

I'll leave the message written below and attach the pdf file about the call.

Best Regards,

José Luis Mañas

The University of Malaga, through the Vicerrectorate of Strategic
Project’s, calls for *attracting young postdoctoral researchers*,
International or Spaniards living abroad, with at least one year of
postdoctoral experience out of Spain, at Malaga University’s research
groups. The scholarship is aimed to diverse fields of investigation, *including
Korean Studies*, department that is being developed and growing in
relevance at the University of Malaga.

Six competitive fellowships are called during a minimum of 4 months and a
maximum of 6 months, sojourn that will take place between October 2016 and
July 2017. The application *deadline is set for July 15th*. Each fellowship
will be funded with 2.500 € to cover the accommodation and subsistence
expenses during the stay. In addition, it provides a maximum of 2.000 € to
cover the trip costs at the beginning and the end of the stay and
conference attendance.

The objective of this scholarship is to promote and foster the knowledge
excellence, offering grants and support to attract Spanish and foreign
young postdoctoral researchers to work in research groups of UMA and who
obtained their Ph. D. after January, 1st 2011 and have at least one year of
postdoctoral experience out of Spain with technology or scientific
measurable results.

In the last years, University of Malaga has been developing and improving
ties with Korean institutions, especially since the inception of the Korean
Studies BA in 2011. The department of Korean Studies has a great library
with 4,500 quantity of volumes either in Korean and English thanks to the
program Window on Korea from the National Library of Korea. Also,
University of Malaga counts with the support of the Korea Foundation and
recently the Academy of Korean Studies to keep developing Univ. of Malaga’s
Korean Studies program.

Please, do not hesitate to ask our technician if you have any inquiry:

​

Patricia Chica Morales

Technician/연구원

Korea Program at University of Malaga Office/말라가대학교한국·스페인 국제 교류 센터

Email: patriciacm at uma.es

Web:
http://www.andaluciatech.org/investigacion/plan-investigacion/plan-atech

www.uma.es/oficinapuentecorea

Phone.: +34951952772

Oficina UMA-ATECH Puente con Corea
Oficina de la Universidad de Incheon en Málaga

말라가대학교 - Andalucia TECH 한국·스페인 국제 교류 센터

Vicerrectorado de Proyectos Estratégicos

Universidad de Málaga

T.: +34951952772
e: ui.io.uma at gmail.com
w: www.uma.es/oficinapuentecorea
d: Bulevar Louis Pasteur 29, Jardín Botánico
Universidad de Málaga, Campus de Teatinos
29071 Málaga (Spain)