[KS] Re Correcting the Record

Frank Hoffmann hoffmann at koreanstudies.com
Sat Oct 1 05:35:17 EDT 2016

-----------------
> Incidentally, you might want to reconsider your
> term "cowards all" for the army. These are mostly
> kids, draftees. They're hardly "cowards all," just
> soldiers following orders, like soldiers everywhere.
> This terminology suggests bias.

> Donald Kirk

Bias?
Soldiers drafted by a dictatorial regime who then slaughter their very
own people are "like soldiers everywhere"? And you think calling them
"cowards" suggests bias? No kidding!
I can't believe we return to the 1980s debate now, in that particular
primitive and exact same format it was framed back then. Thus far about
the humanities and the role of academia on public perception.  /Frank/