[KS] Reminder - The 8th World Congress of Korean Studies at University of Pennsylvania: October 5 (Wed.) - 7 (Fri.), 2016

SEOK LEE seok2 at sas.upenn.edu
Tue Sep 27 10:36:08 EDT 2016

Dear list members,

The Academy of Korean Studies and the University of Pennsylvania (James
Joo-Jin Kim Program in Korean Studies) are pleased to co-host the 8th World
Congress of Korean Studies at the University of Pennsylvania from
Wednesday, October 5 to Friday, October 7.

 1. Congress Outline

   1) Dates: October 5 (Wed.) - 7 (Fri.), 2016

   2) Venue: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

   3) Theme: Korean Culture, Seeking Insights for the Future

   4) Official language: Korean and English

   5) Hosts: The Academy of Korean Studies and the University of
Pennsylvania

   6) Organizing committee members

    - Hyeon Kim (Committee Chair/AKS)

    - Eugene Y. Park (Committee Chair/University of Pennsylvania)

    - Jae Hoon Yeon (International Society for Korean Studies/SOAS,
University of London)

    - Hyaeweol Choi (Korean Studies Association of Australasia/Australian
National University)

    - Donald L. Baker (Committee on Korean Studies, Association for Asian
Studies/University of British Columbia)

    - James B. Lewis (Association for Korean Studies in Europe/University
of Oxford)

    - Wonsuk Chang (AKS)

 2. Registration

   1) Registration Venue

      Oct. 5: Annenberg Center (17:00-18:00)

      Oct. 6-7: University of Pennsylvania Schneidman Lobby G Floor
(8:30-9:00)

   2)  Registration Fee

      Presenter: USD 100, Presenter-Student: USD 50

      Non-Presenter Participant: USD 30

 * If you are a student, please bring your Student ID!

   3) Name Tag, Printed Abstracts, USB Memory Device with Presentation
Papers, and Meals during the congress will be provided to the registrants.

   4) We will be accepting registration fee in US dollars only and we do
not accept credit card nor other methods of payment. If you need a receipt
for the registration fee, we will make out the receipt on the spot.

Attached is invitation file and further information, including the session
schedule is provided on the conference website (http://congress.aks.ac.kr/ :
under the heading “NOTICE”).

Best,

Seok Lee