[KS] A South China Morning Post op-ed by Jerome A. Cohen and Edward J. Baker

Leonid Petrov petrov at coombs.anu.edu.au
Sun Feb 12 00:34:51 EST 2017

Dear Ed,

Thank you for sharing your and Jerome's op-ed.
It's a beautiful proposition to sign a peace deal between Washington and
Pyongyang. But what will be Seoul's reaction to that? Perhaps, a heart
attack. Is America prepared to face the consequences of a new "two Koreas
policy" for its strategic alliances in the region? Nobody will be
interested in THAAD or other expensive and lethal toys anymore.
Thus, I am afraid, your recommendation is falling on deaf ears.
Regards,

Leonid

On 12 February 2017 at 12:31, Baker, Edward J. <ejbaker at fas.harvard.edu>